Tree & Landscape Benefits
Public and urban trees are important for the following reasons:
- Sequester carbon dioxide
- Help manage stormwater runoff
- Prevent erosion
- Remove pollutants from the air
- Provide wildlife habitat
- Create beauty and aesthetics
Tree Tag Program
Have you noticed the tree tags hanging on our trees in our parks and trails? The Environmental Sustainability Board recently launched a public education campaign to raise awareness on all of the benefits of trees in our City!
Ways to Get Involved
- Tree Tag Hunt: There are 50 tree tags placed throughout the City- can you find them all? Use the app BelmontGo to go on the Totally Trees Scavenger Hunt. This provides the opportunity to travel through Belmont on a 3 mile or 6 mile loop to discover valuable trees that make up Belmont's urban forest. You can also use the map below for hints of more places you may discover the tags. Celebrate your successes on social media using the hashtag #treesofBelmont!
- DIY Tree Tags: Use the template below to print your own Tree Tags to display at your home or business! You can calculate the value of your own trees using the Tree Benefit calculator and then have fun displaying them for the whole community to see!