FAQ Topic: Water Service

How to report a pipe or hydrant leak?

You can report the issue through our online portal: https://belmont-nc.proudcity.com/report-a-problem/, otherwise please contact our public works department at 704-825-0507 M-F 8AM – 5PM or 704-689-8716 on evening and weekends and someone will be able to assist you.

How do I know if I have a water leak?

You can monitor your water usage on our online portal: www.belmont.watersmart.com.  Once you have registered your water account online you can also set-up leak alerts.  If you need immediate assistance please contact our public works department at 704-825-0507 and they will be able to assist you.

When do you charge late fees?

We charge a $15.00 late fee on the 15th of each month for any accounts that aren’t paid in full by 5:00 PM.  We also charge a $50.00 delinquency penalty on the 21st of each month at 5:00 PM.

What if I can’t pay my bill on time?

We offer an extension once per 6 months which you can receive by emailing customerservice@cityofbelmont.org or by calling us at 704-825-5586, option 4.

How do submit a request for a pool adjustment?

Please submit the start and stop meter readings and the date you filled your pool.  We will adjust only the sewer portion of your bill.  Please mailed this information to PO Box 431, Belmont, NC 28012 or email this information to customerservice@cityofbelmont.org

Can I pay my bill over the phone?

No, we can’t process payments by phone.  We provide several different payment options. You can pay online using your debit/credit card, drop a check or money order in our drop boxes located behind City Hall, mail in your payment, or sign up for automatic draft.  You can sign up for automatic draft on our website … Continued

Close window