FAQ Topic: Property & Housing

What is the city property tax rate?

To view the current county and municipal tax rates go to the following website: https://cms3.revize.com/revize/gastoncounty/Documents/tax-office/2019TaxRates.pdf

How do I report a minimum housing violation?

You can report a minimum housing violation online here or by contacting the city’s code enforcement officer via email at lyager@cityofbelmont.org, or by phone at 704-829-4024.

What information is needed to report a code violation?

It is important to provide the code enforcement officer good information to aid them in carrying out the initial inspection.  Information needed include the address or good description of the location, details of what violation you are reporting, and a picture if available.  Pictures can be included in reporting by email to lyager@cityofbelmont.org, through the … Continued

How do I report a code violation?

There are a couple of ways to report a possible code violation.  Please visit Code Enforcement – Belmont, NC (cityofbelmont.org) for more information. 

How do I pay my property taxes?

Property taxes are managed, billed, and collected by Gaston County.  Property tax bills are sent out in July of each year, and due by January 1.  All property tax bills include both county and city taxes, if you live within a municipality’s corporate limits.  For more information on property taxes visit: https://www.gastongov.com/government/departments/tax_office.php For information on … Continued

Close window