TA2022.02 Short-Term Rentals
An increase is short-term rental (STR) use as been observed within residential zoned area over the past couple of years. Many cities have adopted ordinances to regulate this use focused on:
- Clearly defining STRs from other lodging uses.
- Identifying appropriate location for this use by zoning classifications such as residential zones vs commercial zones.
- Identifying the positive and negative impacts of this use for property owners, neighborhoods, and the city as a whole.
- City Council Workshop: July 18th, at 4:00 PM (Discussion between staff and council) √
- Planning & Zoning Board: August 18th, at 6:30 PM (discussion between staff and board) √
- Planning & Zoning Board: September 20th, at 6:00 PM (public comment available) √
- City Council and Planning & Zoning Board Joint Workshop: November 14th, at 4:00 PM (discussion between the council and the planning board) √
- Planning & Zoning Board: November 17th, at 6:30 PM √
- City Council: December 5th, at 6:00 PM
If you would like to speak with someone about this project, please see the information below.