In October 2021, the City of Belmont was successfully awarded a NCDOT Planning Grant to assist with efforts to update our 2009 Pedestrian Master Plan.
Consultant: Alta Planning + Design
Current Status: APPROVED- pending final acceptance by NCDOT.
- February 2022- Project Begins
- April 2022- Open House #1
- May-July 2022- Draft Bike and Pedestrian Network in progress
- August-September - Public Review of Recommendations
- October 2022- Open House #2
- December 2022- October 2023- Revisions and preparation of Plan Update document for review
- October 16, 2023- Plan Presentation and Planning Board Recommendation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T10bN8Xjt0I)
- November 6, 2023- Public Hearing and City Council Adoption (https://www.youtube.com/live/O-lwIJyrcis?si=cm9E7Ayq0f3FdBa_&t=1760)