What You Should Do If You Think You Have COVID-19
If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days OR feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should:
- Call your provider. Before you go to visit your medical provider, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- If you do not have a medical need, you can call (704) 862-5303 or 1-866-462-3821 to review your travel history and risk with a public health professional.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Avoid non-essential travel while sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.