Text Amendment 2020.03
A request to amend Chapter 11 of the Belmont Land Development code to update the city's Landscape and Tree Ordinance. The city received a grant from the state to evaluate and strengthen the city's tree ordinance. The city utilized the grant to hire a professional consulting firm,(Davey Resource Group), to assist in this year long endeavor. A steering committee, made up of seven volunteers with diverse backgrounds,was also established to help guide the process. This committee identified the following goals for this update:
- Enhance existing regulation in order to protect, preserve, and proliferate canopy coverage
- Clarify ordinance language to better facilitate compliance
- Achieve balance between competing needs and interests
- Research and interviews with various community stakeholder groups √
- Site visits evaluating the merits of the existing ordinance. √
- Prepare a draft ordinance for review by staff and the steering committee √
- Status report to the Environmental Sustainability Board and the Planning Board √
- Virtual Public Engagement Meeting - Held on August 19, 2020 at 6 pm.√
- Planning Board Meeting - Held on August 27, 2020 at 6:30 pm √
- Comments and/or questions may be sent during the meeting at:
Event Code 5119
- Text: (805)303-5642
- City Council Public Hearing - Held on September 8, 2020 and continued to October 5, 2020.
- Approved by City Council on October 5, 2020
Public Engagement Meeting
Please see the link below to watch the public engagement session that was held on August 19, 2020. If you have any questions after watching the video, please click on the "Submit Your Questions" button.
If you would like to speak with someone about this Project, please see the information below.