FAQ Topic: Permits & Licensing

How do I apply for a golf cart permit?

To obtain a golf cart permit call Belmont’s Code Enforcement Officer at 704-829-4024 and schedule an inspection. The Code Enforcement Officer will inspect and accept the $25 permit fee and $5 decal fee.

How do I apply for the alarm permit?

Alarm permits can be obtained online or by mail.  An application can be obtained at the Belmont Police Department 201 Chronicle Street, Belmont, NC 28012 or on our website here.

Do I need a permit for my alarm system?

Yes.  Both residential and commercial alarm systems are required to be registered with the City of Belmont’s Police Department.  This permit is very important and aids the police department in responding to alarms within the city by providing them the contact information for the owners and alarm company.  You can view the alarm system ordinance … Continued

How do I obtain a building permit?

Belmont zoning permits can be obtained electronically through our online customer portal.  If you need to visit our office we are located at 37 N. Main Street located behind City Hall in downtown Belmont.

How do I get my pet licensed?

All animal licensing is managed by Gaston County.  To find out more information on how to register your pet click here.

How do I get a driver’s license?

All North Carolina drivers licenses applications are processed through the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.  For more information on apply for a drivers license visit: https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/license-id/driver-licenses/Pages/default.aspx

Close window