Request: to amend chapter 16 of the Belmont Land Development Code (LDC) to incorporate multimodal transportation analysis, adjust study thresholds and study areas, and expand language related to off-site mitigation options in order to address the ongoing growth demands in Belmont.
Background: At the February 2021 workshop, City Council and Planning Board members had an in-depth conversation about the impacts of ongoing development on traffic, and what could be done to help mitigate the impacts on the community. Following that discussion, staff facilitated 4 discussions with the Planning Board and the City's traffic consultant to explore options for updating our ordinances to address some shared concerns and opportunities to provide additional clarification of our requirements. Based on research and feedback, staff is proposing a text amendment to incorporate the desired changes.
- Joint Workshop: February 15, 2021 (view recording here)
- Planning Board- Discussion: April 29, 2021 (view recording here)
- Planning Board- Discussion: May 20, 2021 (view minutes here)
- Planning Board- Discussion: August 26, 2021 (view minutes here)
- Planning Board- Recommendation: September 16, 2021 (view recording here)
- City Council Public Hearing: October 11, 2021 (view recording here)
If you would like to speak with someone about this project, please see the information below.