South Point Community - Smith Property
Sketch Plan - SKP2020.10 & Conditional Zoning Petition ZA2020.07
A request to rezone a 22+ acres from General Residential to General Residential Conditional District (G-R/CD) to accommodate 99 lot residential community. The proposed neighborhood will consist of 43- single family detached lots and 56 townhome units. This development will require approval of an annexation petition and a zoning map amendment establishing the conditional zoning district.
Location: Across from the new middle school on South Point Road just north of the Belwood community. Tax parcel ID numbers: 187898, 187901, 187899, & 187900.
Applicant: DRB Group; 227 West Trade Street, STE 1610, Charlotte, NC 28217
- Sketch Plan - Currently under review/Conditionally approved.
- Traffic Study - Not required
- Zoning Application and Schematic Plan Submittal - Filed on 12/15/2020
- Community Meeting - Zoom meeting scheduled for Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 5:30 pm. See invitation below for information and link to the meeting.
- Planning Board Meeting - January 21, 2021 at 6:30 pm.
- City Council Public Hearing - February 1, 2021 at 6 pm at 1401 E. Catawba Street. The city council considered and approved a modified plan on 4/5/2021. The modified plan reduced the number of homes to 76, increased the amount of open space, and reduced the built-upon area and average daily trips generated by the development.
- Construction plans approved on 3/15/2022. Released for site construction only. Primary contact for DRB during construction operations: Scott Twiddy, Land Development Manager, Charlotte ,email@example.com
- Mobile: 803-389-338
If you would like to speak with someone about this Project, please see the information below.