Wreck reports are usually ready after 3 to 5 business days. To check the availability of a wreck report contact Belmont Police Records Department Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm at 704-825-3792.
- Wreck reports are available free of charge from the Crash Docs website. Click here or on the image below and input Belmont, North Carolina into the fields provided. Then enter the report number, driver's last name, and date of accident.
- Wreck reports can also be obtained in person at the Belmont Police Department 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Reports are free of charge for Belmont residents and $5 for non-residents.
- We do not fax or email wreck reports.
- Wreck reports will only be released to person(s) involved in a wreck or owner of vehicles.
- Reports may be requested by mail with payment including a self addressed stamped envelope.
Concealed Handgun Permit
Concealed handgun permits for residents of Gaston County must be granted through the Gaston County Sheriff's Department. To view more information on the process to obtain a concealed handgun permit please click here to visit the Gaston County Sheriff's Department website.
For information about where you may or may not legally carry a concealed handgun please see the North Carolina Concealed Handgun Chart.
The purpose of the alarm registration permit is to provide responding officers with immediate and up to date information. Not only will this facilitate a coordinated response, but it will also provide responding officers with pertinent safety and contact information. Chapter 99 of the Belmont Code of Ordinances focuses on the regulation of alarm systems in the city. Access the complete document to familiarize yourself with this ordinance. You may register online using this form.
Golf Cart Registration
Beginning July 1, 2012, golf carts will be allowed on most streets in Belmont subject to the conditions listed in the ordinance.
Golf carts must be registered with the Belmont Police Department and must receive an annual registration permit. Proof of insurance is required for such a permit.
To obtain a permit, call Belmont's Code Enforcement Officer at (704) 829-4024 and schedule an inspection. The Code Enforcement Officer will inspect and accept the $25 permit fee and $5 decal fee.
Vehicles Not Allowed
The following recreational vehicles are not allowed on city streets by this ordinance:
- All terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- John Deere gators
- Recreational vehicles similar to those listed
In order to be driven on a street, a golf cart must have:
- A rear vision mirror
- A reflective "slow moving" sign or flag on the rear of the car
- At least 2 red reflectors that are at least 3 inches in height and width
- Brakes that are in proper working condition
- Standard safety features
Golf carts will be allowed on streets with a posted speed limit of 35 miles per hour (mph) or less, although golf carts cannot be driven over 20 mph on these streets.
Drivers must follow all traffic laws and must yield the right-of-way to overtaking vehicles.
Registered golf carts may be operated on streets between sunrise and sunset.
Golf carts may NOT be operated when fog, smoke, smog, or other conditions exist that would limit visibility such that the golf cart is not visible for a minimum distance of 250 feet.
Streets Not Allowed
Golf carts are not allowed on any of the following streets, except to cross them at a street intersection:
- Any street with a speed limit posted over 35 miles per hour
- Central Avenue
- Interstate 85
- North Main Street/Belmont - Mount Holly Road (north of US 29/74)
- Park Street/Keener Boulevard/RL Stowe Road (NC 273)
- South Main Street (south of Eagle Road)
- South Point Road
- Wilkinson Boulevard (US 29/74)