What are the anticipated consultant coordination efforts to be included in scope?
- CLUP Update Consultant will serve as the “Project Manager” compiling concurrent planning efforts for inclusion in the CLUP Update, and making sure all parties are informed of updates that may impact or inform all parties. City Staff will manage individual contracts assist with coordination of public outreach associated with all concurrent planning efforts.
- Multimodal Network Plan- Outside consultant (to be selected by NCDOT) is anticipated to commence plan at the same time as the Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update consultant. The CLUP consultant is expected to coordinate with this consultant throughout the planning process to ensure that land use and transportation planning are complimentary and integrated.
- This scope will build on the recently adopted Pedestrian Plan Update, and add in bicycle, transit, and intersection considerations.
- The Multimodal Network Plan is anticipated to serve as the Transportation section within the CLUP.
- Belmont currently utilizes a traffic engineering consultant for developer Traffic Impact Analysis studies. This data is anticipated to inform underperforming intersections for improvement recommendations within this plan.
- Downtown Visioning Plan- Outside consultant (to be hired by private property owner) has prepared a draft plan, and is seeking review during the City’s public engagement process to allow plan to be adjusted as needed and then incorporated into an update to the Center City Small Area Plan.