The City of Belmont has received a development application for parcel ID#186486 to develop a +/- 41,500 sq ft one-story facility designed to bring raw materials in and produce finished fabrics and textiles, to be known as the Fiber Innovation Center.
The project Owner is Gaston College (Trustees), and the NC State Construction Office will oversee the administration of this project’s design and construction along with Gaston County and the City of Belmont.
The vision of the facility is to house research and development, fabrication, sampling, and manufacturing spaces. The intended use is predominantly factory space with a Mezzanine and some Offices and Administrative functions.
- Sketch Plan Application Filed √
- Community Meetings- √
- Recording of Virtual Meeting shown to the right -->
- Conditional Zoning Application √
- Planning Board Meeting- September 22, 2022 √
- City Council Meeting- October 3, 2022