Board & Volunteer Committees
Main Street Board
Belmont's Main Street Program has a City Council selected board for the enhancement and protection of Downtown Belmont. It is comprised of the following representatives:
- Business persons with interests in the downtown area
- Citizens within the city limits
- Council members or other persons with knowledge or abilities deemed beneficial to the purpose of the city
- Property owners within the downtown district
Purpose of the Board
The board works on behalf of the City of Belmont and serves the city's interests in relation to the goals and priorities established by City Council.
The Board of Directors and these four committees work simultaneously to achieve their separate goals and objectives by executing specific projects that have been identified as being necessary, appropriate, and realistic.
The Belmont Main Street Program follows the Main Street approach to downtown revitalization which involves four volunteer committees following the 4-point approach:
- Design Committee
- This committee works to support the community’s transformation by enhancing the physical and visual assets that set the commercial district apart.
- Economic Vitality Committee
- This committee focuses on capital, incentives, and other economic and financial tools to assist new and existing businesses, catalyze property development, and create a supportive environment for entrepreneurs and innovators that drive local economies.
- Organization Committee
- This committee's work involves creating a strong foundation for a sustainable revitalization effort, including cultivating partnerships, community involvement, and resources for the district.
- Promotions Committee
- This committee works to position the downtown as the center of the community and hub of economic activity, while creating a positive image that showcases a community’s unique characteristics.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER MEETUPS THE 3RD THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH AT THE EVERYDAY MARKET (7 S. MAIN ST) AT EITHER 12:00PM OR 6:00PM, OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO GET CONNECTED!
For questions and inquiries about the Main Street Advisory Board Committees, you may contact the Downtown Director using the information listed below.