Wreck reports are usually ready after 3 to 5 business days. To check the availability of a wreck report contact Belmont Police Records Department Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm at 704-825-3792.
- There is a $5.00 fee for each report for those that live outside our city limits. We accept cash, check or money order only.
- We do not fax or email wreck reports.
- Wreck reports will only be released to person(s) involved in a wreck or owner of vehicles.
- Reports can be picked up in person.
- Reports may be requested by mail with payment including a self addressed stamped envelope.
- Reports may be accessed online at https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/records
The purpose of the alarm registration permit is to provide responding officers with immediate and up to date information. Not only will this facilitate a coordinated response, but it will also provide responding officers with pertinent safety and contact information. Chapter 99 of the Belmont Code of Ordinances focuses on the regulation of alarm systems in the city. Access the full document (PDF) to familiarize yourself with this ordinance. You may register online in our form center or in person at the Belmont Police Department.
Golf Cart Registration
Golf carts must be registered with the Belmont Police Department and must receive an annual registration permit. Proof of insurance is required for such a permit. View the permit process (PDF) to find out how to register.