Garbage Collection & Recycling
The City of Belmont contracts with Waste Pro for our solid waste services which includes:
- Bulk item pick-up
- Leaf collection
- Residential garbage
- Yard debris
- Request a garbage or recycle cart
- 2017 Trash and Recycling Pick-up Route Map
- Garbage is collected every week. Click Here to find your trash and recycling pick-up day.
- Recycling is collected every other week - as shown on the blue weeks.
- Yard waste is collected every other week on the red weeks as shown on the calendar. (
- Contact Waste Pro at 704-783-8524 to report any problems with service.
2018-2019 Recycling & Bulk Waste Schedule - Starts July 2018!
The new 2017-2018 Recycling & Bulk Service Calendar is now available! This calendar identifies the weeks of the month reserved for yard waste pick-up, recycling pick-up, and bulk pick-up.
Bulk Pick-Up Schedule Change
In order to improve on collection efficiency and service, the bulk pick-up schedule has been adjusted to quarterly pick-up. Curb-side bulk pick-up will occur the first recycling week of July, October, January, and April. These bulk collection weeks can be easily identified in the service calendar as blue weeks with black diagonal lines.
With the 96-gallon recycling carts, residents are allowed to recycling additional items and more of them than before.
Click Here to request a cart.
Bulk Item Pickup
Bulk items consisting of old furniture and various household items will be picked up separately from other items. All building materials are excluded from curbside pickup.
To make sure your waste is picked up, make sure to follow the Solid Waste and Recycling Guidelines (PDF).
If you have any questions or need to make a service request, please call Waste Pro at 704-783-8524 or check out Waste Pro's brochure (PDF) to see more information about the services available to Belmont residents.