Code Enforcement

Chris Ray, the City's Code Enforcement Officer, is charged with:
Minimum Housing
The Belmont Code Enforcement office also investigates minimum housing concerns within the city limits. If you have concerns about whether your house meets minimum housing standards, please contact Chris Ray at 704-901-2078.

Submitting a Concern
If you have concerns about a house in your neighborhood that may be in violation of minimum housing standards, you may submit a petition form (PDF) that is signed by 5 people in order for the City to investigate.

More Information
If you have a question or concern about a possible violation of the zoning code or Code of Ordinances, please contact Chris Ray.